Invented in antebellum New Orleans, the citrus-kissed brandy crusta cocktail was a precursor to the sidecar. We love the depth and roundness of, but good ol’ Angostura will get you where you need to go, too.
Featured in “Cognac Cocktails,” by David Wondrich.
- 2 oz. cognac, such as Courvoisier 12
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 tsp. simple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters (see headnote)
- One 1-in.-wide lemon zest strip
- In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, shake the cognac, lemon juice, orange liqueur, simple syrup, and bitters until chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled cordial glass and drop in the lemon strip.
The post Brandy Crusta appeared first on Saveur.