- on the Platform;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Platform; and
- through the Sites or any connection thereto, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Platform.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Saveur or any third-party (including our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries) or specifically excluded therein from being among the Sites; or
- any third-party (including our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Platform.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. No one under age thirteen (13) may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (defined below) from children under thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information on the Platform or through any of its features, register on the Platform, make any purchases through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about Registered Users of the Platform, including information:
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as race and gender;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and usage details;
- about your purchase of any Product offered through or in connection with the Platform;
- regarding any and all data you submit to the Platform, whether such data belongs to you or another;
- about your Registered User Content; and
- by which you or another may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline if you submit it (“Personal Information“).
This information may be collected:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
Some information we collect on or through the Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
- Your registrations and your consents to contact us on or related to the Platform.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- As you navigate through and interact with the Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform; and
- information about your computer or device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Platform according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Platform.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Local Storage Objects. Local Storage objects are sets of data that can be stored on your browser and/or hard drive by us. We use local storage objects to recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- Session Storage Objects. Session Storage is similar to local storage except that the information clears when your session ends. We use session storage objects to remember your preferences while engaged with our Platform.
We may associate some or all of the foregoing to your Personal Information, whether you provided such information to us or we lawfully received it from other sources. .
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Platform and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or we think you may enjoy;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Platform;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose or generate Usage Data from aggregated information about our Registered Users, Registered User Content, and any other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Saveur about the Platform’s Registered Users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Saveur, our Registered Users, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from us. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or opt out through the “unsubscribe” link listed in the body of the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Saveur as a result of a warranty registration, a Product experience, or any other transaction.
Our Products are currently only offered in the United States and not intended to be used in any other jurisdiction, unless otherwise agreed by you and us in writing or as otherwise indicated by us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Registered Users can review and change their Personal Information, or Personal Information they uploaded, by visiting their profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, would not be technically possible or commercially reasonable, or would cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information or Personal Information uploaded by you from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Your information will be encrypted using SSL.
The safety and security of any information you share also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards or to other users of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
To ask questions or comment about this Priva